View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sdi9285 View Post
Well, this is embarrassing for me to admit, something I never admit out loud, but I'm here with the purpose of being open. I managed to rack up $30,000 in debt that I couldn't pay off in about two years. Other circumstances were involved (a useless boyfriend, a new car I thought I could afford), but the reason I couldn't make the payments was that I was spending all of my money on booze. I probably spent 200 - 300 dollars a week on alcohol, which I don't even know how I managed, considering that was close to what I made.

I usually just say I'm in so much debt because I was living in New York state, which really is an expensive place to be. I think I even convinced myself of that for a while. The reality is, it's a much more expensive place to be when you party every night.
yep managed to rack up over 30k myself as well. so dont feel bad. and in my case other factors involved as well too. But a funny thing since i sobered up and paid it off i have not racked it up yet since ::scratches head:: and now I racked up debt a couple times while dirnking and paid it off to rack it up agian this time however I have yet to rack it back up.

and i wont lie these days I think about getting into debt again but keep reminding msyelf that I cant deal with that stress.

endgameNY I know an alcoholic will drink regardless. I have my sobriety date tattooed on my wrist and I kno wi'm sick enough to go out and drink. I recognize the nature of this insane disease/problem.

I just had a very rational thought when i saw the price sign haning out front of the beer store the other day thought geeze ya know i could never afford this then or now!!.