View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
jimmysheens

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Hello, JS.

If you wanted to demonstrate that antidepressants don't work, you'd take a variety of psychoactive drugs and drink alcohol, with brief periods of abstinence, while taking them. Even longer periods of abstinence would nullify the effects of virtually all antidepressants, if only because your brain and nervous system are undergoing dramatic adjustments while not using or drinking.

It's like dropping a fishing line into a whirlpool and expecting to catch something.

I don't know whether or not you've been completely honest with your doctor, but if you are, then it may be time to seek a second opinion.
I am always completely honest with my doctor, otherwise he could not treat me appropriately.

The only antidepressant I ever responded to was Aurorix, and it worked no matter what I did to myself. It just happened to poop out after about 8 years.

WHilst I appreciate your post, it does sound like your saying its my fault antidepressants havent worked because I can't get long term sobriety under my belt. Maybe this is so, but it is a chicken and egg problem. Getting sobriety while under serious mental distress is tenfold harder, and it's not through lack of trying that I am in this situation.