View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
smadams11

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
If you can't find something to do, it seems the only thing precious about the weekends is your drinking.

Sobriety isn't a punishment. Really. I hope you discover that sober weekends can be a blessing.
That really isn't fair or true. Me and my partner are complete opposites and enjoy different things. We love each other immensely but when left alone together in the evening the only thing we both find to do is watch movies. To be honest I don't watch anything alone as I find it boring, but my partner enjoys it and drinking makes it tolerable for me to spend (or waste) a night watching TV. My time alone with my partner is precious regardless of the drinking, and on the very rare days we have had alone, we have enjoyed ourselves and found things to do, but the night is different-there are very little things to occupy the time that we both enjoy equally. I struggle to explain it better than that, but my time with my partner is precious. It sounds to me that you are insinuating that I love beer more than spending time with him. That is absolutely not the case-I just need to find something to do other than drinking. I came here hoping for suggestions on that, not silly claims about my relationship.