View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
smadams11

Breaking routines/drinking habits.

My plan is at its end. I spent a fortnight drinking 3 nights a week (Sat, Sun & Wed), then a fortnight drinking only on Sat & Sun. Now it is time to let it go completely. But what to do at the weekend?

This is the only time I get with my partner as he works the early shift so goes to bed early all week; this means that we don't get time away from the kids at all during the week so weekends are precious.

Our routine is to watch movies (that is his only interest other than lego which he does alone); he snacks while I drink (I know, romantic right?). So I get drunk while we watch TV basically.

(Another big worry for me now is how do we have sex when I am sober? I haven't done it sober in 5 years-I don't remember how (and sex disgusts me)).

I cannot remember what we used on to do on the night before I drank, other than that we had a newborn so were kept busy with her and I ate/snacked much more (but I was bulimic then so didn't gain weight-eating that amount now is not an option).

During the weeknights now I keep occupied with puzzles, books and games but they are all solitary activities-not at all ideal for spending time with my partner. We are confined to the house as we obviously cannot take 3 young children out and about at night and have no one to babysit. So just what we do together? Watching movies is fine but....how can I do that sober when it has been a drunk activity for so many years?

Spending the weekends alone are really not an option as I will have to find a way to spend time with my partner at some point or another-I should get it doe with now.

I am really worrying about this-it was always the biggest hurdle.

(Kudos to me for cutting down too!)