View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hope778

Originally Posted by Sunshine1234 View Post
My husband recently got out of detox mainly for Suboxone addiction along with alcohol, and "occasional" (he states) pills such as Adderall and Xanax. Anyways, so he said detox was pointless and they kept him on suboxone and gave him higher doses than he's used to and he was violently ill and then they released him 7 days later. Then he started intensive outpatient at rehab. I asked him if I could go to a meeting with him and he hesitated but then said sure whatever you want. Then a few hours later he sent me an email asking if I would accept him leaving the rehab program and seeing a therapist one on one with drug tests. He said the meetings at rehab are pointless and he sits there for hours listening to everyone else's stories. Does it sound like he's not ready to be sober and possibly not even going to rehab? I feel like I'm constantly being manipulated and I don't know what to believe anymore. He wants the kids and I to move back home and I said I'm not ready...so he threatened to harm himself and when I told him how selfish he was being he said what are you talking about I never said I was going to harm myself. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone!!!
The twilight zone is a lot like active addiction 😞 I was told early on in this site (and Anvil mentioned it above) recovery looks like recovery, and active addiction looks like active addiction. You're smarter than you realize, and your intuition isn't lying. As we know, meetings are not pointless, even if you are sitting there listening to others' stories. There is always something to be taken away from a meeting to cling to to help further your recovery. If you're not interested in recovery though, you won't be interested in meetings and stories. Sounds like he wants to stop rehab and go to a therapist until he doesn't feel like doing that anymore either.

Everything my AH says and promises sound good in the moment, until it never comes to fruition and I'm left abandoned and hurt again. You know how that is.