Thread: asking for help
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

You know what, Ach? BE a DRAMA KING all you want!! It's WAY better than going around all bottled up inside. Chances are...you are verbalizing many of the fears a lot of folks have or have had.

I remember a college professor of mine that was sharing with the class how he felt after divorce...and he was SERIOUSLY questioning whether or not he would ever be NORMAL again; including sexually normal! He said he was feeling so lost and uncertain about it, he sought help from a psychiatrist and he wasn't sexually attracted to women at that juncture and didn't want much to do with women in any kind of romantic or sexual way. He told his psychiatrist he was feeling so doubtful that he was afraid he must be gay. His psych assured him that what he was feeling was NORMAL! When you have just broken up with someone or gone through divorce and been burned it is NORMAL to feel turned off by women, although not all men go through that 'phase' and jump right into new relationships without there really being enough TIME to fully heal and become truly healthy again. This professor did marry again and was happy in his new marriage.

I guess my point is....don't EXPECT yourself to feel what you PERCEIVE as normal too soon. In YOUR case, not only are you recovering from a relationship, but also addiction. I encourage you to treat this time you have as valuable: just you, yourself, and your Higher Power.