View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Behappy1

I am just so beside myself right now and really praying for patience. I was so taken aback when the secretary called me that I could not even get my bearings to ask anything. I did say that I can't drive right now... Her response was that "we have you on restricted driving for work." I said I no longer work for the company listed in the restrictions. She said "Once you get a job let us know and we'll get that changed." WHAT??? I CANNOT get a job without a license. Period! On top of that my insurance renewal is in October. That means this MVR will still reflect a bad record until then.
Does anyone know a way to renew the insurance without them running a driving record automatically?? My license shows 0 points. MVR shows 13.

I don't know how this works, but my guess is that I"ll not be able to get insurance. The secretary said that October was the soonest that I could get a court date. Thing is my attorney purposely made a court date in July (5 months after the dui) to have it reflect "time served." The next date will make it 8 months without a license.

I just need to calm down. Apparantly my attorney is having emergency surgery, so I can't talk to him for a while. He does have another attorney in the office with him who is very good. Of course he is on vacation all this and next week.

My main concern right now is my kids. Just getting them to and from practices AND getting them their permits. This is ALL my fault and I really hate myself for this. All of the added crap it's put on them, things they've had to miss out, all of the running around my parents have had to do. I can't even get to the store to get some damn sour cream for the taco's I have on the menu for tonight.

As far as the permits, I have called the BMV and they say it HAS to be a LICENSED parent for them to get their permits. I'm requesting an appt with my attorney as SOON as I can get in.

Thank you for reading, thank you for listening. I absolutely will not drink, but damn this just won't stop. Hurdle after hurdle after hurdle.