View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
honeypig

FT, I informed XAH that he needed to move out while we were in the car on the way back from his 2-1/2 day hospital stay for the injuries I posted about earlier. He actually asked me if it was God's will that he move out or just honeypig's will.

REALLY? FRICKING SERIOUSLY? You are going to invoke GOD'S WILL as a reason for you to continue to live in my house and drink and cause who knows what havoc next??? And neither of us is/was religious, so I honestly don't know what synapse was shorting out in his brain to even make him say something like this!

In the time since, I have questioned how I handled this and the timing of it and on occasion I've beaten myself up pretty severely about it, but the end result--him being out--is so undoubtedly right that I usually am able to let myself off the hook on grounds of self-preservation. But the "God's will" thing--now that pretty much makes me laugh every time I remember it...

I don't mean to sound hard or cold about this, or to make light of it, but it is just so absurd, looking back on it, so unreal.

And so you see the lengths to which people may go...