View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Interesting times...

On short notice, we went to a Pal's B-Day Party last Night at a local Restaurant. He mixed Audio over the Decades for everybody and their Brother, and has endless Stories. He'd met Bowie. CSN&Y; replete with all their Band 'Baggage'. Mixed Super Bowl Audio. Drove a Van over to Grauman's Chinese Theater to take Prince to a Record Company Party a few Miles away after Purple Rain debuted at Grauman's. Mister T hopped into his Van with Prince, and they proceed to snort their Brains out. Just the way it was... At Dinner last Night, the Alcohol was minimal, and MesaMate stuck with Iced Tea. Whew.

When looking for my Boots last Night that I'd stashed in her Vehicle, I ran across her Road Kit for the next 9 Days. 5 Bottles of Colorado 'Boutique' Vodka, and 2 Bottles of Wine. I'm OK with this stealth because it keeps it off-premises from here. And, my ongoing intent is to willingly provide a window where she can go off and get bent with her Gal Pals. Things around here are at a nice stasis. BTW, I appreciate all the Anniversary Wishes here. Youse Guys mean a lot... I'm on a 'In The Moment' Roll right now, so things are present, and pretty sweet.

This Morning, my pending Fishing Trip/Target Shooting Pal calls me from just West of Denver. His Common Law Wife's MIL had a Heart Attack last Night, and is in critical condition at the Hospital. His CLW had told him to carry on, and make the Trip to here. I told him to turn around. By the time he called his CLW back to tell her he was gonna take my advice, his MIL had died. So, rough times for them. I've done that Parental Drill 4x times, and you just gotta be there. Because his CLW had told him to keep driving - and stay in touch - I think he figgered that was 'permission'. It is, but Common Sense needs to win out. I told him that ~1 Year from now, he'll be glad he made this decision.

So, I'm gonna carry on w/my Trip Plans. In part for my Sober Mental Health, and in part so that MesaMate can party on, and see her important Gals. She misses them. And, Introverted Me is perfectly happy to go fish, and see new Sights with MesaDog until the Friday after this. I'm quite psyched!

Turns out that a very quiet David Bowie was a fellow Introvert.

'Strange Days, indeed... Most peculiar, Momma...'

- 'Nobody Told Me' ~ John Lennon -

- Grauman's Chinese Theater Pix -