View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
honeypig

Hi, Mitch--I noticed that you joined the forum nearly 4 years ago but have only 9 posts in that time. I looked back at your previous posts and found them in only a couple of threads, each being a thread you started and each thread having a similar title about wanting advice. Each thread is much like the one a year or 2 years prior to it--same problems, same replies.

Based on what I read, I'd like to pass on 2 things I've read here on SR that I think apply to the situation:

First, Nothing changes if nothing changes. And my friend, I don't see anything changing--you and your GF are deadlocked in this relationship. Rinse, repeat.

Second, Sometimes it's not that we have a problem we can't solve, it's that we don't like the answer. It seems to me there is more than a little of this going on here...

Rather than repeat what you've already heard and apparently are not ready to act on yet, I'm simply going to say this: Only you can decide when it's really bad enough to take action. Asking for advice, hoping for a different answer, one that is easier or less painful, is only going to keep you stuck. The change needs to start with you. Everything you need to start making that change is available to you, but only you can actually put it into action.

Keep reading, keep posting, but look outside your own thread, read and respond to others, and take action, even if it's only a tiny baby step.

(And please understand, all of the above is said with as much kindness as possible--I took one tiny baby step at a time myself, hoping I wouldn't really have to make the big scary changes I thought I saw looming on the horizon. It took me a long time too.)