View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
redatlanta

I just want her to realise the more she drinks the worse it will get and be.

The only way she is going to realize how big of a problem her drinking really is, is when there is accountability and repercussions to her actions. Now she is in a situation where she can take off a week from work, sit at home and binge. How is she affording to do that? I have a guess.......

Your work is now being affected, your mental state is being affected. She on the other hand gets to do whatever she wants while you suffer because she goes to a meeting (waste of time), and doctors here and there, and maybe she is going to a rehab - we will see.

What you need to do is be worried about yourself. She's not worried about you, I don't think she is worried about anything but getting drunk which is typical. Her actions seem to be halfhearted fake attempts at "doing something" to get you off her back. She is adding in a "meeting" (if she is going) after drinking. Its almost like going to confession every day after you steal the money out of a cash register at work - expecting that you have absolved yourself so you can do it again no problemo!

You are not in jail. You do have choices. I suggest you start laying some boundaries, and figuring out what you need for your life to be peaceful and productive before you end up in trouble at work.

Sorry she has nowhere to go - that's her problem. Adult people need to be responsible to take care of themselves.

Have you been to Al Anon?