View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mitch1973

Advise....Guidance....Support needed....

Hi,

I have been with my GF for 7 years now, it has been up and down, she has lived with me twice before, this time!

She has always had a drink problem, the same story as everyone else really, lying, fighting, abuse, ending up in arguments when you just wanted come home and relax after work but instead finding them drunk and saying stupid things.

Anyone skipping the last 7 years, i made the mistake of believing she would change (i know) this was just before Christmas and since see has been drinking nearly everyweek, somtime more or when it gets bad like now on a constant bender.

See says she wants help and support so i have stood by her, gone the doctors, tried be positive, things to look forward too etc but nothing seems to work…

All I get is I want to go rehab, which she has an appointment next week but I think she expects because she has said she has a problem and has a meeting that she can stay off work and drink everyday…

I just want her to realise the more she drinks the worse it will get and be.

Problem now is it is affecting my work, I can’t concentrate and feel like a breakdown.

I don’t know what to do? She lives in my house and has nowhere to go, I do not talk about this to my family, but if it didn’t it would be the end but I feel I need to escape.

Sorry I don’t know if it makes sense.