View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Originally Posted by FutureTrip View Post
Well, he's put me in a much tougher situation than just getting to the point of finally sticking to my guns and telling him he needs to move out.

He told me tonight he is refusing to move out. He asked to stay with a friend and that isn't going to work and he can't afford a place to live on his income, which is absolutely the case. So he's decided he's not moving, that this is his home too, we will work together to insure our daughter is not put in harms way, that he will tell me if he drinks (ha!) and he'll start going to meetings. And I'm the unreasonable one for even asking him to move out. I'm making things harder than they need to be, he says.

I am at a complete loss. It took me so long to commit to asking him to leave. I don't have it in me right now to go the divorce route. I just need time to ******* think! I'm so stressed out, trying to manage this chaos, my full time job, my daughter, no family within hundreds of miles to lean on except for the phone calls that are never ending. I don't want this to get nasty, I just need space to breathe for awhile. He's forcing my hand into something I don't want/can't deal with right now.

I don't even know what to do. I can't even call my family to discuss because they will just tell me to call a lawyer immediately, to take another leave of absence from work (which is not an option), to quit and move back to another state (which is not an option given custody) and they will get so exasperated with the fact that I don't want to do any of that. All I want is for him to move out and to get a little peace.

As far as me moving out, he can't come close to affording our rent on his own, I'd be packing up me and my daughter and then lose our apartment that we've lived in for 11 years. It would be easier to just go through a divorce. The nastiness would end up the same.

I have no ******* clue what to do.
Ahh Future, that sounds really tough. Specially after you managed to muster the strength to ask him to leave. Kudos for doing that.

I suppose now you need to figure out the next-right-action whatever that is.

Keep posting and let us know how you are and we will provide all the electronic help possible.