View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by Ambuler View Post
I appreciate the responses.

Yes I suppose my tolerance is pretty high.
Please, I'm seriously begging you, get help and don't ever get behind the wheel of a car again in that state.

I used the part of your quote that I did for a reason. I also supposed my tolerance was high too. I am very careful about not getting behind the wheel of a car when I shouldn't. I always gauged my current state when I turned the key as to whether I had any business driving.

On a particular day I got into my car and I am being 100% completely honest with you when I tell you that when I turned that key I had all my faculties. I had no qualms about going where I was headed then heading home. I remember the first 10 minutes of the ride. In one split second, and without any warning, I went into a blackout/greyout stage where I remember small bits and pieces of things. There have been multiple people who think that someone spiked my drink but I won't allow that excuse to happen. If I had NO alcohol I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in. Suffice it to say I woke up on a cement floor in the detox unit of the jail. I can't offer info at this point but suffice it to say that the universe will forewarn you of things because what happened below had entered my mind many times and still I didn't pay attention.

When you get into a vehicle with any amount of alcohol in your system you have a lot more to consider than if you think you're fine and can make it to your destination. Lots of things can happen. Someone can step out into your path or they can run into you and if they are a pedestrian or on a bicycle, and even if they're ok it won't matter. If you have an inkling of alcohol in your system you will have hell to pay. It doesn't matter what any of the circumstances are or what your BAC is. They have the right of way. Thank God what happened was minor but that's not my point. I am in a world of crap because of it, court coming up this week.

So, never count on or bet that you can drive based on how you feel. I am very careful and that didn't matter. Because anything can happen at any given moment. All I can say is I found my true rock bottom after having quit many times. Thank God no one died.

What really amazes me is how many people (even normie drinkers) that are aware of this situation have said to me "That could have been me driving!".

Don't let yourself get there. Never assume you are ok to drive. Better yet, get rid of the substance that requires that you even have to take it into consideration.