View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AdelineRose

I have been through it with my fiance who is now a recovering heroin addict and unfortunately with myself- I am also a recovering heroin addict of almost 11 months.

The Suboxone is obviously not working for him or he is just simply not fully invested in his recovery. Those are just the times you caught him, who knows what else he is up to and quite frankly, does it matter? What matters here is what you are willing to put up with and what you are willing to accept. What are your boundaries?

My boundaries are that I will not live with someone who is actively using or drinking. I will not live with someone who is stealing money, doing any illegal activities, or someone who I have to constantly look over my shoulder or watch them like a child. I will not live with someone who lies and doesn't take accountability for his or her actions.

He has ruined an opportunity for your child to get help from a certain therapist, he is stealing drugs from people's bathrooms, he has stolen money from your family, and he is not truly embracing recovery. What is finally too much? What are you willing to live with/ accept and what is just plain ole unacceptable? Once you decide what your boundaries are you will stop having to planning your life around someone else's shady behavior.

I am sorry you are dealing with this, but know that you do not have too. It is okay to say enough is enough.