View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
saoutchik
saoutchik

OK, back in Blighty

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Super quick check-in because I couldn't resist asking Sao how the cheese is in Neufchatel.

See you all later. Take care, everyone.
Yes I bought one Venecia - Neufchatel cheese comes in heart shaped boxes her on account of the fact that if you eat one you will need a heart transplant - they have a higher fat content than US Neufchatel. They taste rather good though

My Lancia, being 50 years old, has a traditional boot or trunk which is a good thing when buying cheeses from abroad.

Many years ago when travelling to France with the then Mrs Saoutchik we purchased a Camenbert (they are given a military title depending on their size and we bought a General, sealed with a green ribbon)

At that time we owned a hatchback, one of the rare, sensible cars that I have owned so the Camenbert was stored in the back. Now unfortunately coming back from France it was one of the hottest days ever combined with a monster Bank Holiday traffic jam

The whiff that resulted from this situation was enough to make your eyes bleed. I recommend it to anyone who wants to mask the smell of drugs from sniffer dogs who point blank refused to come close. We were waved through customs at high speed