View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Tans

Originally Posted by AdelineRose View Post
I know withdrawals can be daunting and keep us stuck in our addiction way longer then we would like to admit, but you don't have to go through this alone!

Call your doctor ASAP and get an emergency appointment in so that he can help prescribe you medications to get your through this tough emotional and physical time. If they can't get you in, go to the hospital and that is a way to get immediate care. The hospital can help point you to a medical detox center, or if you are able to googling can be a wonderful resource.

Does your family know about your addiction? Coming clean with them and getting as much emotional support as you can if they are willing to give it can make a huge difference. (I didn't want to tell my whole family- grandparents, aunts, uncles, sister, brothers, mom, EVERYONE.. but once I did I had an army of people behind me.)

Please be safe. And we are all behind you, we have all been through it whether it was alcohol, heroin, or any other drug out there..we understand. YOU ARE NOT ALONE
Thanks. I finally came clean to my family yesterday.. I mean they knew it was an issue but we finally talked about it. I never throught my drinking was severe but the last 2 months it's been very bad.. Drinking in the morning to feel better!! Plus I know all these physical issues are from alcohol.. I'm trying to remind myself how good I feel when I'm sober. I'm going to make an appointment today for anxiety and go from there .. Hopefully I can get thru today.