View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Cauli..Congrats on the 5k!! Way to go girl. What an amazing transformation you have had. I'm so happy for you!!

I have redirected my exercise program to weight lifting to gain weight. I weighed myself for the first time in a long time the other day. I know I lost a lot of weight over the past year, but I was shocked to see I am at the very lowest weight within the healthy range for my height.

I am now on day 4 of a 30 day workout challange and it's already getting hard. Some of the exercises I have to break into pieces to accomplish them.

I am still going to run/walk, but not as many days. Until recently, I was mostly running with working out 1-2 times a week. Now I am going to workout at least 3 days a week and run on my off days. I can't begin to explain how much better I feel.

So....
I live in NE Ohio. We have not had a sports championship here in 50years. Last night, our basketball team with the lead from LeBron James won the NBA Title! They were also the first team in history to win the title after having a 3-1 game deficit going into Game 5.

What an amazing experience. I set up a TV on the back patio and had the suround sound blaring. Had a nice fire going too. I was with my Fiance and her youngest daughter. During the game, I expained to her how long it's been since we've had a chamopionship, how LeBron had a lifetime goal of bringing one home. I explained how Cleveland thought they were jinxed and some of the huge close calls we had that were taken away by plays so outrageous, they were named. Like "The Shot" by Michael Jordan with seconds left on the clock effectively taking away a championship from Clevelend. Or "The Drive" in which Elway lead the Broncos on a 98yard drive in 5minutes to tie the Cleveland Browns. The Broncos won in OT.

Somehow...the clock ticked down with Cleveland on top! We avoided another outrageous play like "The block" or "The Shot II"!! We screamed at the top of our voices and cheered. The neighborhood responded in kind. Then we shot off fireworks for an hour after the game together.

It was an amazing experience.