Thread: It works
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
littlefish

It works

I'm coming up on 5 years sobriety in August. And before that, 3 years of a roller coaster ride of on and off sobriety. Believe me, the solid sobriety beats the roller coaster ride hands down!

It's been a long time since I've posted here. People often wonder why they don't hear from old timers like me and maybe wonder if we've gone back to drinking.

Well, in my case it hasn't been a return to drinking but a return to living. And living sure takes up your time! When I was drinking I had all the time in the world. I cancelled life, (and all it's responsibilities and rewards) for a limited existence traveling between three points. Drink, hangover, mentally obsess over the the next drink. That's all I did.

In early recovery, I was on this site every day several times a day and you guys were amazing. I read stories that deeply touched me and inspired me. I read posts that were so insightful they truly changed me and kept me on the path to recovery.

To all you new to the journey of recovery, it can happen, it does happen. The world is full of sober people who have recovered from devastating alcohol addiction.