View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
caretaker88

Originally Posted by FutureTrip View Post
He went to a 30 day rehab in February, was supposed to do out patient after but quit that after a week saying he'd go to AA meetings instead, stopped going to regular meetings after a month or so and currently goes to 1 meeting a week at the rehab center and has a sponsor he sees once every week or two to work on the steps, but he doesn't use him for day to day support and I doubt the sponsor even knows the extent that he's continued drinking.
Hi FT... I am about a month ahead of you. Same story. My XABF, whom I finally left on June 1st, is an almost exact reflection of my situation. It was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made, but I know in my brain that it was the right one. I am still convincing my heart what my brain already knows. I am right there with you. I don't regret leaving, but it doesn't mean that I am not in an extreme amount of pain, emotionally. Please read my backstory and you will be able to see how similar our situation is. We will be here to support you! Lots of hugs.......