View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Greetings,

Ultra, if your friend is like the rest of us, he will not be able to drink in moderation. We all wish we could, and after the first few days sober, are quite convinced we can. That is why I had more than a thousand Day Ones.

Determined, I hope you are enjoying Father's Day and your friend's company.

London and Pink, I am in the same category - very reflective today. My father passed ten years ago. I am going to my sister's near Boston for a cook-out today; she invited my cousin, but she has a few of her sons here so is staying put.

I feel quite guilty about how my cousin is driving me crazy. I feel the month we spent together in Florida and driving up from Florida might have worn me down. I was very receptive then, now I secretly get irritated, although I do not act it. No matter what the subject, she turns it to her late husband. I am very patient, continue the conversation, then try to change the subject, which again goes right back to him! She was married to him for more than 40 years, and he was a great guy, a great husband and a great dad........but, I am sick of hearing about it.. Of course, I would never say that to anyone but my SR family....it sounds so mean and selfish, even to me.

Choobie, I don't know why I cannot say I had a problem so stopped drinking, but I can't. It might be because I am such a private person that I don't like talking about my personal life, and it might be because I do not want to admit it as it is seen as a weakness. When in fact, as we know, it takes great strength to stay alcohol-free.

Dee, I am happy to see you back from your break.

Let's keep on keeping on!