Old 06-18-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AdelineRose

Addicts and alcoholics are master manipulators, I should know I was one. He is still in denial about having a problem and might never admit he has one being that he has already lost one marriage, almost lost his kids, and has ruined a relationship with someone who was willing to accept him and even take care of his kids. While it might seem like he did a 180, remember that he lied from the beginning when he gave you the poor me story about his ex just randomly leaving with the kids. He portrayed the image that he thought you wanted while all along doing whatever he pleased.

I know you are hurting right now, but going no contact was the right thing to do. I know it is hard to eat when you are literally so disgusted and hurt and you can't understand how someone could be so cruel, but please try to take care of yourself. Be easy on yourself, you were not the one in the wrong- you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Maybe you should tell your family and friends to block his number also this way he can't try to reach out to anyone and that just cuts one more tie with him. Be easy on yourself, and remember, addicts do not think how physically and mentally healthy people do so replaying everything in your head over and over again trying to make sense of it won't get you anywhere because he is not rational or mentally healthy and therefore you will never be able to make sense of any of his words or actions.