View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nova84

Plagued by thoughts of alcohol...

Hi all,

Thoughts of alcohol have been plaguing me for a week or so. I have 6 months of sobriety. Amazing changes have taken place in that time which include running 5K three times a week, 2.5 stone weight loss, feeling calmer and relaxed, sober trips away, sober nights out...the list goes on.

It's a puzzle to me then, why thoughts of alcohol have surfaced...it's really unnerving in fact. Today whilst in a supermarket the thought of buying a bottle of wine and checking out of my head for a night crossed my mind. So I went home (minus the wine) and reviewed my recovery plan. I reflected on what helpful habits may have slipped. I journalled and read previous journal entries. I downloaded some new health and wellbeing audiobooks. I reviewed affirmations I used at the beginning of my journey. I listed all of the positives in my life as a result of sobriety. Then I had a healthy meal, drank plenty of water and herbal tea, had a hot relaxing bath and now going to bed. I will be going for a run in the morning.

Thanks for listening...just wanted to share x