View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sunset

When does it get easier to trust?

My husband and I have been together for 11 years and have a 4 year old daughter. When we met my husband was drinking and doing crack. I told him in the beginning that I had no interest in someone who did crack so he discontinued using but continued drinking. I, at that stage in my life thought it was no big deal that he drank and I figured since he stopped doing crack it wouldn't ever be an issue. I guess I thought that way becuase I used to smoke pot and drink also and it was no big deal to give it up and grow up.

1 year ago, June I found out my husband had been using crack. It devistated me! I still sometimes can't believe it! He told me he didn't have a problem and that he would stop. For some reason, again I beleived him. Since then I caught him twice. At that point he thought it would be a good idea to go to an outpatient program. He has since completed his program and, to my knowledge has not used.

I question everything he does and it just about makes me insane! Does the trust ever come back?