View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Yes, jail time is extremely rare for first time offenders.

You will most likely get a 6-12 month license suspension with driving privileges for school, AA or work, probation for 1 year, be ordered to some AA meetings & have to get a slip signed and a weekend alcohol class.

You will get 6 points on your license so you may need to have an SR22 (high risk insurance) for a while so your rates will be high for about 2 years.

Probably the worst thing for me (I have a DUI on my record) is the fact that it stays on my record forever! I hate that!!! And not that I ever wanted to be a bus driver, truck driver, pilot, fireman or any type of driver but it pisses me off that I couldn't if I wanted to!

You can also never go to Canada if you've had a DUI. Oh well...I don't think I was gonna go anyway. Haha

Also...once you get a DUI, you are a "marked man". The odds of getting a second go way up! But you can't get a second if you don't drink! :-)

I know that probably seems overwhelming but you'll get thru it and I would be shocked if you got jail time. Just make sure you learn from this because if you get another DUI, stuff REALLY gets bad!

Good luck!!!