Thread: Working Plan
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Nowsthetime

Originally Posted by AdelineRose View Post
Aw I am sorry that your daughter is sick, it is so hard to watch others in pain and knowing that there is nothing we can do to take the pain away.

However, you are doing exactly what your daughter needs; you are sober, you will be there for her next week and you will be sober so you will be aware, attentive, and alert. You fought for her and got her a mouth wash that really helped, you are there to hold her hand and let her know you are there with her.

You are really moving forward with your recovery, your reaction to saying "a gin and tonic" shows that you are growing. You attacked that thought before it could put you in the position where you wouldn't be fully there for your daughter emotionally or physically.

Your doing great! I hope your daughter feels better soon!
Thanks!!!

I did put it in its place and I think I said to feel like what a normal person would say to convey a feeling. Still stupid and really, what is normal?My friend knows I quit drinking so I told her later that there's no way in throwing away this time because of outside factors. Keeping myself accountable. She was supportive and that was cool.