View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Greetings!

Hobbers, congratulations! Keep up the good work.

London, it is great to have you back! I have missed your posts. How is the new place coming along?

Choobie, what is RFP? I am not familiar with the term. You must be so relieved to be settled at home and work.

I have never announced anywhere but here that I do not drink. I just say I want water, or seltzer with a splash of cranberry juice and lime. If someone asks me if I want a beer or glass of wine, I say, "No, thanks. I am set." Maybe it is the way I say it, (my attorney voice?) but I have never been questioned, and today is 22 months sober for me!!!

Pink, when will you be done with this course? Do you need it for work?

Ultra, I love the six-pack story.

Determined, I think we sometimes feel we are a boring old fart without alcohol. When in reality we were probably an obnoxious old fart with it. I like my clear-headed self much better, yet I still occasionally miss the first taste of an ice cold beer. But, as I learned here, I play the tape forward. There is no such thing as one or two drinks for me. It would be a disgusting all-out drunk complete with black-out, heart pounding crazy-thought night, sick and weak the next day.....you all know what I mean! Playing that tape forward erases all thoughts of being able to have one drink.

I would tell you what happened at Book Club last night, but I do not want to be banned from SR ! ! ! Let it suffice to say that she-who-shall-not-be-named (AKA book club monster) brought an "adult" coloring book to show one and all.

Let's keep on keeping on!