View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I would start with a Change Plan Worksheet. You can find it at SMART website under "Tool Chest and Homework" at the top under quick reference.

Have you done an urge log? That's always a good step if you are considering quitting. Start listing your urges along with the time, where you were, any specific smells/sights around you (grocery store for example, at home bored etc) and rate the urge between 1-5. I just took a piece of paper, turned it on its side and drew lines down it to keep track. Its not just a on day activity, I would do it for a couple weeks, more if you want to. It never hurts!

DISRM is another good starting tool to figure out why you want to change. That's under "Tool Chest and Homework" near the bottom under Additional Homework. This was a good tool for me when I started to abstain. It stands for "Destructive Imagery and Self-talk Awareness and Refusal Method".

I think these are in the workbook, I'm just going through it after a while of putting it down ( just using the tools I need since then). Since its on my Kindle I don't have page numbers.

The other help is the online bulletin board