View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Babescake

Honestly, I hope a thread for the "older" crowd isn't created. Should we create a thread for the "younger" crowd too? Where do I fall? I'm exactly mid-thirties and relate on more than one spectrum. And a lot of us fell into alcoholism at different points in our lives.

Say a 50 year-old just became an unexpected widow. Descent into alcoholism for 2 years. Seeks help here. Where should this person turn? To the 20s age group because they, too, are new to sobriety, or at least looking at its benefits? Or maybe they want to connect with others their age, despite the amount of time they have had in sobriety or the years they were an alcoholic before beginning sobriety?

I think this is useless. We are all here for a common goal. It is our life experiences, different ages, cultural differences and multi-opinions that makes this place a community. We form a common bond through this disease. We might differ and even not like each other in real life if we met and this wasn't a grasp that held us clenched together. But I don't want that. This shows me how none of are different from one another. Our experiences/feelings/choices/questions, despite the path taken to get there, are at the same sticking point. We are alcoholics. Period.