View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
bringm32lif30

Thank you so much for this! I'm 25, started at 14 and alcoholicly from the very beggining, always binge drinking on hard liquor like vodka. All the time before I was going out...I was hiding my booze everywhere even in the bathroom to hide....I did not start at parties etc...almost no one of people I know drank at that time and age, I started hiding, and alone....
Reading all replays gives me a lot of hope...I already felt like I wasted my life and feel forever lock in that addiction, since my longest sober time is maybe a month....
I was always blackout drunk...many many regrets, and shame that is so har to forgive myself now. But now for the first time I feel like my life is in front of me and I'm still young, no matter that I feel twice my age....
I'm still at the very beggining of my recovery and I realize I had a problem many years ago...but finally I found some strenght in me to fight for me and my life...And your experience is priceless. I mostly just visit to read here since it gives me a lot of comfort....and I can relate to mostly everyone. For the first time I'm happy that I'm not a unique case (but in some perspevtive everyone is) and I'm not alone. It is not that special, and people overcomes it... Almost half of my short life is wasted, I feel old, but thank you of reminding me to not be that hard on myself, I'm not hopeless, and I still have a lot of live to live!