View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

i was anxious as a child. I blamed the crummy conditions and constant fear of the next beating. as i got old i just drank and drugged it away. Once i quit that anxiety came back with a vengence not that it ever really went away.

I think i have 2 types of anxiety. 1 type is like anxious about situations and such. IE social anxiety or worry about possible outcomes or anxious about upcoming things and so on. But the other type is like this anxiety that basicly comes out of nowhere for no rhyme or reason and blindsides me.

I refuse to do meds for fear of another addiction and or something else i'll just have to battle to get off of one day.

Meditation and buddhaism type stuff has really helped me out as well at least with the anxieyt about various life situations.

Also excercise has helped tremendously. But as of lately i'm having probelms in that department battling injuries and nothing seems to be satisfying that void and this scares me becuase excercise is a very useful tool in my toolbox. So if i loose this I'm in trouble!

so in short simply sobering up and repairing my life didnt suddenly fix my anxiety. sure the panic eased up some but that is about it.

and i'm finding there is no cure. for me its just every single day i gotta be on top of it is all. It does stink but it is what it is.