View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 02:05 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
ben83

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning everyone. Start of my weekend today. Plan today is to get some food in, do some painting and go to the Friday lunchtime AA meeting I've been putting off for weeks. I'll give it a go and let you know how it went. Not sure it'll become regular but today I am motivated to go
Said to bf last night I didn't mind if he had a couple of cans. He had quite a few in the end and got irritating and amorous afterwards....ugh! Anyway he was snoring loudly by about 9.30 so I watched TV in peace. Surprisingly I found it a little amusing. Nothing will set me back. Not for today!
Morning jo good luck with your meeting. I've decided I'm not going to any I thought about it but i figure i can get this far with just you guys and Reading everyone's posts is enough support for me. It's funny I was bored last night around 10 pm so I went to the pub and had a coke. It was nice no one questioned it I just sat with the guys had my drink and drove home. I have a stag weekend in Wales I've been invited to in august and I'm toying with the idea of just letting myself slip that weekend. It's all my old friends from school. I'm not saying this so you try and talk me out of it its months away. But.... can there really be any harm in going for it every now and then. I've managed to stay sober for 41 days I don't imagine I'll suffer the same problems I did quitting as I did after 16 years of everyday drinking. I also don't believe this is my addiction talking because I'm talking about a date 2 months in the future not about a sneaky drink today.