View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Choobie

Checking in! Falling behind in school with a new job-got worn out and have had two infections this month. 10 months to go! There is an end.

Determined, I still crave a beer now and then, and it does stick with me for a few hours. I find that if I have even a small thought of alcohol in a positive light, it gets harder in the next weeks. But I'm used to the feeling, and I'm no longer scared by it. I usually eat and drink something and remind myself that beer belongs in the magazine version of my life, where everything seems perfect. I'm quite sure that trying to live up to that ideal has caused me much misery over a lifetime. Being my imperfect self feels a lot better, and leaves me capable of giving a lot more, too. Now, when I think of a drink, I also think of that magazine-like perfection and how I'm almost comfortable in my own skin these days. Almost.

Ultra, that is hilarious. I will note that conditioner actually seals in lotion should I ever make this mistake! I usually mix up face soap with shampoo. I hate to say I do this a couple of times a year!

Scooter, when is your book club, and how has it been going? I haven't been reading lately, but I haven't been sleeping lately and am now hooked on creepy podcasts in the middle of the night.

Pink, I love the things that you love about summer! I also love how beautiful just driving down the road can be, how relaxed everyone is, and all of the summer celebrations.

Missed everyone-love to you all!