View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Arpeggioh

Hey Mayflies! So nice to read everybody when I get home from work; this is the first place I visit when I sit down at my desk with my decaf coffee.

I feel different this time, too, WT; I've certainly had my share of false starts over the years. I never slipped, I dove back in with everything I had, full speed backwards! [shudder] So gross...

I also understand the "boring" aspect, in a different way than Ben. I'm very thankful that it's been decades since I was a social, going-out-to-party drinker, because I would miss that terribly. I have only lonesome, sad, stay-at-home drinking to remember, with absolutely no fond memories...but I am a little stuck in my "lazy slob" mode. My daily routine hasn't changed much, except for the hours I spend at SR (which honestly is what's making it feel different this time, certainly not a negative thing!)

In four days I'll have a month sober; I'd like to start making a few small steps away from my do-nothing routine. I'm boring myself here, and I usually find myself pretty damned entertaining! I finally remembered I love to read, and stopped at the lie-berry on my way home; it's been years since I checked out a fat juicy hardcover book, and I'm actually excited about starting a new Stephen King novel tonight...yep, there's a good indication of my activity level thus far...I'm actually gonna move from my computer chair to my couch! The dog is gonna Freak...

I'm happy as hell to be sober, just looking for some new things to occupy my time, and it's just a matter of making a little effort. A month of sloth is enough already! Good day, good evening, good tomorrow to all of my friends here; your virtual presence has helped me enormously-- Arp

Last edited by Arpeggioh; 06-06-2016 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Spelling - sorry, I'm anal retentive...