View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
ben83

Originally Posted by SickOfIt79 View Post
I know it takes time, but I really need something positive to happen from abstinence. I'm bored and have that "this is it?" feeling.
I know the feeling sick of it! However the positives I have found though is extra cash and I have lost a fair bit of weight. The feeling of boredom is still strong I have had almost everyone I know tell me I'm boring without alcohol even my Mrs. Yesterday I went out for a coke in the sun down my local pub and was sat by at a table on my own and there was a group of people I know including some pretty hot chicks drinking down by the river listening to the band. When they past me on their way to the bar they asked if I wanted to join them and that I am "missing the mayhem" I declined and sat on my own wondering who this boring guy was who had taken over my body. now if I had joined them 2 things could have happened

1 I might have been dragged under in the "mayhem" and got wasted probably had a good time and not gone home till last orders. Said things I shouldn't have said. Been sleazy with the girls and felt embarrassed this morning about it.

Or

2 I could have sat there with my coke being told how boring I have become since quitting drinking. No doubt the tigger eyore transformation subject would have come up again. I would have been irritated by drunken people talking nonsense. And gone home dwelling on the whole thing all night.

My choice allowed me to soak up the sun browse the Internet on my phone read your posts. Enjoy my hour to myself not be hung over in the morning. And save about 30 quid. Yes I'm boring yes I hate being boring but .... when you take a step back and look at all the scenarios the boring choice was a good one and the outcome was overall better. I'm not making any new friends my way but I have enough "friends " for a while

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you can't see any positives close up stand back and have another look.

Sorry for the babble. I'm not much of a words Smith.