View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stewy84

Good evening everyone

Hi all,

Weather still beautiful in the north west of England we have had a string of nice days recently and another good one today....

Anyway I've not seen my girlfriend for a week now, I text her mum today and she told me that her brother (my girlfriends uncle) had died. I text my girlfriend to say thinking if you and she knows where I am if she wants to go out for a drive or walk etc, I then tried to call as I felt a bit daft for sending a message - ( perhaps a little impersonal in the circumstances)

Anyway I've not received anything back yet, my girlfriend originally asked for space which I was happy to give but I did feel like I needed to get in touch especially when I found out about her uncle.

I'm keeping busy as I'm in limbo right now and that's the best thing for me to do, the question is have I gone too far by getting in touch? Or have I left it too late? Surely if she's indicated space it shouldn't really be down to me to initiate contact first anyway.

Phhhheeewwww it's all a bit strange right now, I'm glad I'm out of the mindset I was in last week and the cravings for alcohol, I feel I've got a hold on that now which is a big plus.

I don't want to come over as a pest or a drag to her so I'm thinking not to pursue further contact through calls / messages, she's not daft, she can see what I've sent up to now and that I've tried to call.

What do we all think guys, am I just wasting my time? There comes a point when focus has to switch to moving things forward, what sort of timescale do you put on this situation :/

It's a strange one

Stewy x