View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jimmy9212

Originally Posted by RedManc7 View Post
Thanks mate.

One thing I've learnt is that my head is always gonna be up my arse when I tried to kick smack. Depressed. Down, feeling sorry for myself etc. life's ruined etc.
I just ignore my thoughts. Let them go. If you don't have any energy then have a pity party I say, feel sorry for yourself a bit just don't give your thoughts too much energy, its better than using having a pity party, you are putting yourself through a massive physical and mental change of pace in life, be kind to yourself is what I'm trying to say. As long as you aren't having Pity parties that last for weeks then what's the problem, indulge yourself with some woe is me, just make sure you aren't going there as a default position but you need to stop giving yourself a hard time mate IMO.

You are getting clean. It's not the same as becoming a great person, a saint etc. be kind to yourself pal. We often use drink/drugs as the explanation why we don't do certain things (if I didn't use heroin I'd be training everyday, eating clean etc) but often the reality is different. Accepting that is another aspect of getting clean but being clean doesn't mean you aren't gonna feel sorry for yourself, pity parties etc.

just go easy on yourself and don't give too much weight to what your mind is thinking as it could be all over place right now, just let it go brother.
Very well said, cheers.