View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JustAnotherDay

I wish he would work a program. He's been in an out of AA for a few years but never took it seriously. Last time he was sober for about a year he did the 90 meetings in 90 days and he seemed much more focused. But when he stopped making meetings a priority then his sobriety wasn't a priority.

I don't know that I could ever go back. I've forgiven him so many times and I just don't think I can do this battle for another minute. I lost to alcohol. I know that. I just wish he did.

And the one al-anon meeting in my area is full of old, old timers who seem to be ok with accepting this is how it is to live with an alcoholic for life. I don't want to live with them. I can't. They've put in their 20-30 years of living with it and don't want to leave it. I feel like they are weak because they wouldn't just leave. But then neither would I. Finally, now that I have made those steps I see why people would want to avoid that pain and just be complacent with the crap lifestyle of never having a loving, compassionate partner for the rest of their lives.