Old 06-04-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
snarky

I want sobriety more than a drink. And I'm in a bar.

Happy Sober Saturday!
I don't know about you all but I'm thrilled to wake up today without feeling like I've been punched in the face. I got my self up, had a healthy non hungover breakfast, spent an hour Journaling and writing out my goals and got to crossfit. Now I stopped at the corner pub on y way home.

GASP.

I was HUNGRY and wanted a salad and a Diet Coke. And to chat with my friends there

Crazy, you say. But think about it. Whether we are drinking water or vodka isn't there a reason we go to a corner pub? Part of it is to get out of the house, maybe see friends? And we we don't have to do that with a drink. Sure there's a ton of booze around me, but I'm more interested in my salad and my friends.

This is the first time a quit has not been about what I can't have, but what I can. It's about being able to be alone and read my journal at a bar with my coffee or soda. What else would I be doing? Searching for my lost lover n Facebook with my face buried in vodka dwelling n the past instead of the future.?

I can' let this quit turn me into a hermit. That's why it never worked before. I know this isn't the best for everyone, but for me, I need to continue the things I like, seeing friends, eating hahah, and sitting with my thoughts and my book while people are around me.

Anyway,it's time to write out next week's exercise and aa plan. Look forward, not back. It's a brand new day. Use it wisely.

😀😀😀😀