View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 01:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mac6367

Didn't even want a drink tonight!

I made it 3 days! I worked an eight and a half hour shift bar tending tonight and I didn't even want a drink. That had to be a first for me. I really just wanted my sobriety so much more than I wanted a drink that I felt no desire to. It was just so awesome.

I don't have a plan or anything for maintaining my sobriety. It's something I'm working on. I have been taking some steps though, to keep myself busy and happier with myself. I'm returning to volunteering at my local animal shelter every Sunday. I saw the woman I used to volunteer with in the store (I volunteered every Sunday with her from the age of 10 until I left for college), and we got to talking then she invited me to go with her to see all the animals Wednesday. It was just... incredible. I helped with a little cleaning and got to love on some kittens. My inspiration for sobriety the past two days has been a little mustached kitten that liked belly rubs. It feels so good to do some good again.

Tomorrow, I will be taking my dad out of town to get some good food and do some shopping. I don't work tomorrow, so I really wanted to make sure I keep busy so that boredom doesn't lead to temptation. I really feel like I've got this this time!