Thread: Back to good
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
buzzbee83

I detoxed at home. It wasn't pleasant. I started my detox by switching from wine to beer. I bought a 12 pack to get through the day and as soon as my heart rate got over 100 I would drink a beer. I also had a blood pressure monitor. I know that people frown upon tapering, but for me, it helped me get through the really really bad withdrawals. My first day I actually drank 16 beers and then the next day 10. The next day only 2. Now I am on day 4 with ZERO. Last night I finally was able to get some deep sleep. This is what got me through. I know it is not for everyone. I tried to wait longer and longer between beers and was on here a LOT. Seeing a DR is obviously the best way to go about it. I, personally, don't recommend going cold turkey. You could have serious DT's and end up having a seizure.
Good luck. Big hugs. It's so effing hard, but I have a light in my eyes again. One day at a time. One hour at a time. One minute at a time. One breath at a time. Showers and baths are helpful. Force yourself to eat and drink lots of water.