View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

WeakGirl, you didn't leave them in this situation, they put themselves there and they alone can find their way out...of they want to. And they may want too sooner rather than later if they don't get free money to buy drugs with.

My son used to tell me stories that would make you weep, how hungry he was, how cold (in the winter), how hot (in the summer), how broke...and yet he was fully capable of picking up day construction jobs to finance his drug use,

Rehabs have air conditioning, good food, a clean bed, and "real" help, the Salvation Army rehabs are free. So there are other options.

I have said often here that "we" are not their only option, "we're"not even a good one.

When the pain of using becomes greater than the fear of stopping they will maybe surrender and find a better path. Allow them the dignity to find their own way.

I get through my days without fearing for my son who has been missing and lost in his addiction for years, by saying a prayer and putting his care in God's hands, then living my life well, as life was meant to be lived, finding beauty and joy in every single day.

I am glad you are finding your way back to meetings, the support and peace there will help you find your balance.

Hugs