View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lovetolisten

I am VERY early in, so I am certainly no expert, but my failures in the past have been due to a lack of plan and not following a plan, and just going on autopilot as you stated.

I am seeking medical help, but otherwise my plan is not sophisticated right now. The cravings are so bad for me that I can't be anywhere alcohol is right now. All booze in the house has been removed. I drive a new way home from work so I can't stop at my favorite bars. I am keeping my days filled with plans (extra work, yoga class, meeting) so that there is no wiggle room or free time. I skipped some parties this weekend because I am just not strong enough yet to be near alcohol.

It sounds like house arrest, which it kind of feels like. I just need to get sober time under my belt. Everyone here says the cravings subside/it gets easier, so I am putting in the time on the front end in hopes that with enough consecutive days sober, I will have fewer cravings and be able to be "out and about" again. Not bars, but other places where alcohol exists (grad parties, get together, family events, etd)