View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WeakGirl

What if he really dies?

I know I'm posting too much. I'm sorry! Hopefully I'll calm down soon. Also, I plan to start going to Al Anon next week. (I thought the meeting was Tuesdays, but it's Mondays, so I missed it...)

I kept my mind occupied for a bit. Then, last night, I looked into one of the boxes that brother and his wife left in the living room. (It's a crate, I didn't open their things.) It's this sad little collection of a spice or two, some pasta, etc. and I started worrying, "What if they starve?"

Then tonight, I got the text - no food, no water, no gas, no money, etc.

I asked what happened to his check. Then he went all guilt-trip "sorry for even bothering you."

But now, I'm even more worried! What if he really doesn't have gas and loses his job? If they really don't have food? water? ugh. ugh. ugh. I'm scared they're going to starve or that one of them will really commit suicide - something they threaten fairly often.

But, really and truly, I DON'T have the money. We did bills tonight and came up very short (our money issues come from medical problems). Plus, I know they partied for the holiday. They borrowed our cooler. So, even if no drugs (not likely) they bought alcohol and gas to go somewhere partying.

I just texted back and told him that I was sorry, I loved him, I was here to talk, but I didn't have money to give him.