View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sauerkraut

Thanks, everyone. Still on pins and needles; haven't heard anything yet. It's a little hard to focus on my work, to say the least.

smlg10--
In answer to your question, I got him to agree to 4 months of SoberLink sobriety monitoring, during the weeks he has our kids, through tenacity as well as the powerful assist of a very good co-parenting therapist (who pointed out that it was that or court, and if he had nothing to hide, he should have nothing to hide, and that maybe he would prefer a SCRAM bracelet or randomized alcohol/drug testing instead?) and his own attorney who told him it was in his best interest to sign the agreement and do the monitoring, to show that he was sober. I haven't met her, but I get the feeling that she's working for the best interest of our children, as well as her client, thank goodness.

It sounds like you're in a stronger position since your "partner" seems willing to leave? My STBXAH refused to move out of the house, despite years of pleading for him to go to a rehab, sober living facility, or even a studio apartment around the corner, so he wouldn't be harassing us in the middle of the night. At that point he wouldn't agree to the monitoring either, so I left on a handshake promise that neither of us would drink while we had the kids. Then I had to get the mediator and attorneys to help me get him to commit to the monitoring. If I were to do it over again, I would try to get the monitoring plan in place before moving out although, thinking back, I needed out so badly that I'm not sure I could have done anything differently.

On the other hand, it sound like unfortunately you have all kinds of evidence of your husband's addiction, so proving your concerns shouldn't be hard.

You might want to read through some of my previous postings as well as Ladyscribbler's, whose story was a big source of hope for me.