View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 03:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post

I had to laught at the 9 out of 12. Those were the only tests I scored highly in. It probably says if you ansered yes to three or more, you are probably alcoholic. But of course, that is not the result you want.
I did those tests as well. Lots of different ones, hoping to find one that gave me more pleasing results. Of course they all turned out the same. And of course I hung on to the 'no' answers and huffed and puffed that everyone I knew would have said yes to the ones I said yes to. Of course, now I don't spend all my social time with Drunk people and ACTIVE alcoholics I realise that the fact that everyone I knew was like this was more indicative of the company I chose (and perhaps was left with, as who else would have put up with me?) than the ineptitude of the test or my own sanity.

Thing is, we all have different rock bottoms, and if someone can see their problem and get out sooner than later, then that truly is great. The only requirement for membership in AA is a desire to stop drinking. Those questions are just to help us consider the areas of our lives that are being affected by alcohol. Why not stop now? I suppose the other option is to keep on until your life and drinking are such that the other three are true of you as well, but why not do yourself (and anyone who cares for you) a favour, and make 9/12 your bottom?