Thread: New Plan
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Berrybean

So glad the meeting went well for you. Regarding ladies who gave you their numbers yet, the point to it is to just stay in touch. So please do that and don't ever feel like you're being a bother. You really aren't. I never used the numbers for the first 6 months (when I could most have done with it) because I thought it was for if I was about to take a drink and needed help that way. If you do have numbers then a nice way to start using them might just be a quick text later today thanking them for making you welcome and saying when / where your next meeting is planned to be, and ask any questions that you might have thought of. If you get used to using them when you're not desperate then you're more likely to use them if one day you are. The phone numbers are like the fine blade knives in our tool box. We need to keep them sharp.

You know, as far as your friend goes, the AA public relations policy is based on attraction rather than*promotion, and that policy can be applied here as well. If you keep going, and get well, hopefully sobriety and AA will seem a more attractive plan for living to him in the future. All you can do is keep your side of the street clean, doing the next best thing at any given time. It may seem uncaring to adopt such a stance, but as powerless as we are over our own alcohol consumption, we are even less powerless over others. And yes it is sad - I think the same about my partner when he is being a drunken idiot every weekend, staggering around in blackout and not remembering how the evening ended the next day. No point dwelling on it though. That's his choice and I have to practice acceptance on that. And a little but if swearey name calling if he wakes me up of breaks stuff lol.