View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dreamcatcher44

Hey Kersyn. Welcome to the board. Im new too and suggest reading the stickies at the top of the forum. Addiction is brutal and doesnt go away. Even if he goes and gets help (which is a choice only he can make and even then is typically followed by relapse over and over again.) For the rare few addicts who actually stay clean its constant work as one slip up and they are back to square one. My ex addict bf is newly clean but the damage they cause while in active addiction is really hard to deal with emotionally. Do u want a lifetime of this? If the answer is no i suggest walking away. Read the stories of other spouses...its heartbreaking. As much as I love my addict I had to go No Contact for my own sanity. And it hasnt been easy. Ive slipped up but got back on it and it really does help. There is one sticky called What Addicts Do. Its something i read over and over again to stay strong. Ur relationship isnt healthy when one of u is in active addiction. Its impossible and while i hate to say this it will only get worse. Either way its ur choice and im here if u need to talk to someone. Hugs. Xoxo