View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
HopeandFaith1

Originally Posted by suzyzipper View Post
And the funny thing is I'm so used to waking up wondering what I did the night before I still find I do that. I cringe opening up FB wondering what things I wrote or messages I sent and don't remember. My heart starts beating fast. And then I go and look and there is nothing. What a relief. I still miss it, but I'm trying to remind myself I missed the first glass. Once I got past that first glass I started feeling that icky sunken losing myself feeling and I don't miss that at all. I do still wish I could sleep but it's nice waking up sober I will say.
I can understand this completely. I think when it comes to drinking we love the idea, but we hate the reality. And the reality is what I feel we should stay focused on if we are to maintain sobriety.

Incidentally I've pretty much given up FB too along with the drinking. It was a huge time waster and created more drama than it was ultimately worth. I still log in a couple times a week to check on close friends and family but that is about it. I find I have a low tolerance for stress and drama early in sobriety.

Anyway I wish you the best, I have definitely been in your shoes and it is a huge relief to be able to wake up and remember everything that was said and done the night before, and that's just one of MANY benefits. Good luck to you!