Old 05-26-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
hpdw

Originally Posted by Nofearnobeer View Post
Thank you...

I am working through a book: "The Mindful Way Workbook" by John Teasdale..

It's pretty interesting, I mainly use the included CD audio.There's a Mindful exercise called the Body Scan. The more I listen to it, the more my mind and body hurt all at one time which is truly nauseating..Therapist calls it healing. I call it torture...

I need for all this to calm down, so I can feel normal..
Nofearnobeer I sense your sense of humour although I know its not funny this made me laugh " Therapist calls it healing. I call it torture.."

I have alot of left leg pain and my GP suggested I go to the gym ,she probably means well but 10 yards just now is a struggle .

I have read John E Sarno books Mindbody prescription , healing back pain , the divided mind . His hypothesis is that we create pain in our body by suppressing negative emotions , he calls it TMS ( Tension myositis syndrome). Its quite heavy material to read but very interesting.
You need an open mind but you know what ! I believe in it because I always get physical pain after a bad drinking binge or when too much stress is going on ( even though an xray showed mild wear in my left hip it shouldn't warrant the pain I feel according to the GP . Just thought id put that out .